Consistency is key when it comes to learning and progression. We encourage your child/children to attend their scheduled lesson time. Children develop and progress at a faster and higher rate when attending consistent lessons following a weekly routine.
We do however understand, that life can be unpredictable. As part of your Membership, every Swimming Lessons student is entitled to a total of 8 make-up lessons per calendar year. Please see our make-up lessons policy, that outlines applicable terms and conditions.
If a medical certificate is provided for illness or injury, we offer medical suspensions for the dates specified on the certificate.
How to arrange a medical suspension due to illness or injury
Medical suspensions are available for students who provide a medical certificate for being unable to attend 1 or more consecutive lessons. Medical suspensions must be arranged at the Centre, by filling out the appropriate form, with a supporting medical certificate covering the relevant dates. Medical suspensions can only be backdated for up to one month.
What to do if you miss your regular Swimming Lesson for reasons excluding medical
If you are unable to attend your regular Swimming Lesson, please notify us prior to your lesson commencing. To notify us please complete the Absentee Notification Form and submit.
How to book a make-up lesson
Our Teachers in Charge are experts when it comes to booking in a make-up lesson. Please book your make-up lesson at the Swim Desk on pool deck (see map). You can book between the following times:
Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 12.30pm AND 3.30pm – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8.15am – 12.45pm
Please note, to provide you with the best service possible with our expert Teachers in Charge, as of January 15th 2018, we will not be taking make-up lesson bookings over the phone. This is to cater to each students’ individual needs - our Swim School Team are the experts in advising you of the best classes for your child to attend.
The following policy applies for make-up lesson eligibility.
MAKE-UP LESSONS POLICY
- You are entitled to one make-up lesson per missed lesson, up to a maximum of 8 lessons per calendar year per student. This includes public holidays.
- A make-up lesson owing must be taken in the same calendar year. All make-up lessons owed not taken in the calendar year will be forfeited.
- Make-up lessons can only be arranged up to 1 week in advance and once booked cannot be altered and will be forfeited if not attended or cancelled. We recommend you only booking your make-up lesson once you know you will be able to attend.
- Make-up lessons are forfeited upon cancellation of the Student’s Membership.
- You must be a current Swimming Lessons Member to be eligible to book in for a make-up lesson.
- You are not able to book and/or participate in a make-up lesson if your membership is on suspension.