In today’s busy world it can be difficult to spend quality family time away from work, school and the television.
Exercising or being active together combines two of the most important things in life – looking after your family and looking after yourself! What better way to recharge your batteries, stay healthy and set an example for your family to follow.
Before you get started, read our tips:
- Remember to promote healthy activity in a positive way.
- Get some advice from your doctor before starting a new exercise program, particularly if you are over 40, overweight or you haven't exercised in a long time.
- Walk with someone else to keep safe at night time, or tell someone where you're going.
- Promote the social benefits of exercising as a family. Teaming kids vs. parents is a great way for siblings to improve their relationship.
- Remember the sunscreen before heading outdoors.
- Drink lots of water before exercise, and take a bottle with you - but sip slowly.
- Wear appropriate footwear.
- Find a place that provides opportunities for the entire family to be physically active together, or offers childcare and after-school or teen programs.
We also offer a saving to family members who sign up at the Centre. Visit the Memberships page for more information.