RECIPE: BBQ Fish Cakes
- Date: 07 February 2019
- Category: HW Blog
- Share This
1 bunch coriander, including stalks and roots, washed well
(reserve about ½ cup of leaves for garnishing)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
2 to 3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined
½ to 1 large Thai red chilli (a mild, not hot chilli), optional
¼ cup gluten free cornflour
500g firm white boneless fish fillets (e.g. ling), coarsely
10 green beans, finely chopped (2mm to 3mm wide)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or rice bran oil
1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
Sweet chilli sauce, extra, to serve
- Preheat BBQ using a medium flame.
- Put coriander stalks, roots and some of the leaves into a food processor, process for 15 to 20 seconds until finely chopped.
- Add fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, kaffir lime leaves, chilli and egg to processor and process for 10 to 15 seconds more.
- Add cornflour and fish, and process for 15 to 20 seconds until well blended.
- Tip mixture into a bowl and stir the green beans through.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop out heaped spoonfuls and roll into a ball, then flatten slightly and place on tray (they can be made up to this point, then covered and refrigerated until you are ready to cook them).
- Put some oil onto the flat plate section of your BBQ, and then add the fish cakes.
- Cook for three to four minutes on each side, until lightly browned and cooked through in the middle.
- Serve garnished with reserved coriander leaves, lime wedges and extra sweet chilli sauce.