Add some passion to your menu!
- Date: 20 July 2017
- Category: HW Blog
- Share This
TANGY PASSIONFRUIT SAUCE
- ½ cup water
- Pulp from 8 passionfruit
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Place caster sugar and half a cup of water in a saucepan over low heat and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for three minutes until syrupy.
- Stir in the passionfruit pulp and simmer gently for three minutes.
- Allow to cool, then chill the syrup until ready to serve.
PASSIONFRUIT ETON MESS
- Meringues (see recipe)
- Greek yoghurt
- Tangy Passionfruit Sauce (see recipe)
- Layer meringues, Greek yogurt, banana and Tangy Passionfruit Sauce in a glass serving dish or cup.
- Top with fresh passionfruit to create a delicious Eton mess that is full of contrasting textures and flavours.
BASIC MERINGUE RECIPE
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, a tablespoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until sugar dissolves.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla essence.
- Use two teaspoons to spoon meringue onto lined trays. Reduce the oven temperature to 90°C.
- Bake meringues for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn oven off and leave meringues in the oven to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe sourced from www.aussiepassionfruit.com.au